Embedding the JIRA Collector form in Confluence

Gaurav Mishra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2013

Is there a way to embed the JIRA Collector form in Confluence? JIRA / Confluence both share the same userbase and I want users to be able to submit some requests directly from within the confluence.

Also, if that can't be done, how to put a link of the form on the page, so that someone clicks there, and it will pop up a form where users will put requests.

Thanks very much in advance.

6 answers

1 accepted

9 votes
Answer accepted
Gaurav Mishra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2013

This is what worked for me. Everything was done as per:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Use+of+the+JIRA+Issue+Collector

Except the last line I have pasted here. I was able to open the Issue collector form by just clicking that button.

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://myjiraserver/s/en_US-tmk2k1-1988229788/6102/4/1.4.0-m3/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector.js?collectorId=62933b0b"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">window.ATL_JQ_PAGE_PROPS =  {
	"triggerFunction": function(showCollectorDialog) {
		//Requries that jQuery is available! 
		jQuery("#myCustomTrigger").click(function(e) {
			e.preventDefault();
			showCollectorDialog();
		});
	}};</script>

<input type="button"  style="color:green" id="myCustomTrigger" class="button" value="Raise A Bug for ADMIN!" />
Valerie Boudreau August 20, 2016

I've tried to solve this issue for 2 days. Your code worked.  Thank you very much. 

Like Paul Hanco likes this
Camille Heinen March 12, 2018

THANK YOU!

Paul Hanco May 27, 2019

Yes... Thanks!

Mahdi Challouf April 8, 2021

@Gaurav Mishra1  Please where did you put this code, is it in a HTML Macro?

Narva DEV April 8, 2021

Hi everyone, we were able to make Jira Issue Collector form work in Confluence Cloud using HTML Macro for Confluence.

It was quite tricky to do it, so we have written detailed documentation here:

Embed Jira Issue Collector Form in Confluence

You can try the demo at the end of the documentation page by clicking 'Give Feedback'.

0 votes
Scott McDonald May 3, 2019

Does Confluence have an restrictions on the number of Issue Collectors you can have embedded on one page?

Deleted user May 3, 2019

As far as I can tell, it's impossible to do any...

(None of the "solutions" above work any more...)

0 votes
Milos Tomic October 5, 2017

Hi,

I added generated script into the space layout configuration code and I have issue collector on all my pages in the space.

confluence_space_layout.png

Deleted user April 24, 2019

Please elaborate.

As far as I can tell, you can't put any HTML into the Header/Footer...

0 votes
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2017

Guys,

Our Jirassimo IntakeForms add-on can be integrated into Confluence using this free macro:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.jirassimo.addons.intakeforms.confluence/cloud/overview

Cheers,

Vlad

Karuna Batra May 8, 2018

I tried for cloud but got the following message

Error

We are unable to generate an evaluation license. The plugin key is invalid. Please contact us if the problem persists.

Tried the plugin, created the form but cannot use from confluence. If not from confluence. how else can the created form be accessed by teams.

Susan Kraft-Yorke October 11, 2019

That link is for Confluence and Rally - not Confluence and Jira.

Pretty sure no one is going to accidentally put a Rally button in a Confluence page and switch from jira to Rally...

0 votes
YassineM March 11, 2014

Hello, I followed all the necessary Steps in order to embed the Issue Collector into a Confluence Page, but it is not working!

The problem is when i click on my link, the Collector dialog box is not displayed and i get no errors at all!

The log message i get is :

Focus - starting requestscom.atlassian.mywork.mywork-confluence-host-plugin:mw-header-anchor.js:100
  • Here is the code I use in the HTML macro:
<head><script type="text/javascript" src="https:/XXXXjira/s/d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e/en_USinmg63-1988229788/6159/8/1.4.3/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector.js?collectorId=201e7ae7"></script>
    <!-- This is the script for specifying the custom trigger.  We've replaced 'myCustomTrigger' with 'feedback-button' -->
    <script type="text/javascript">
        window.ATL_JQ_PAGE_PROPS =  {
            "triggerFunction": function(showCollectorDialog) {
                //Requries that jQuery is available!
                jQuery("#feedback-button").click(function(e) {
					showCollectorDialog();
                    e.preventDefault();
                });
            }
        };
    </script>
</head>
<body>
    <h2>JIRA Issue Collector Demo</h2>
    <a href="#" id="feedback-button" class='btn btn-primary btn-large'>Report feedback</a>
</body>
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2014

I am getting the same, Please suggest !!!

Dusty Brossart May 8, 2015

Same issue for me

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2013

You sure can. Look @ https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Use+of+the+JIRA+Issue+Collector and scroll down to the section "Embedding the Issue Collector in your Confluence site".

Gaurav Mishra
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2013

Yeah, I looked at that. It did not work. I could not get html include to work at all. I was able to put that link on top of the page using "html" macro. But I don't want to put it on top, I want it on the page and if possible just get the form there on the first place rather than waiting for someone to click.

thanks,

Suggest an answer