Embedding attachments into rich text

Hi

One of the problems we have is associating a comment with an attachment, eg: when attaching a file to an issue, we add the comment "refer to the attached document....." - but which document? There's visible relationship between the comment and the attachment (unless you want to get technical and check date/time stamps on the attachments with the date/time stamp on the comment.

When it comes to images, a nice solution is to use the rich text formatting, eg:

Here is an image:

!image.jpg!

When viewing the issue, it shows the image embedded the text.

I can see you can also do it with other media files, eg: wmv, mov, etc

But what about other attachments such as documents or email messages? I'm not expecting it to be able to actually show the content of the document embedded in the text, but it would be a huge help if only it could show an icon, which when you click on it, it opens the attachment - like you can do with email messages.

I've done some googling on this and can't seem to find a solution.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

David

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pranjal Shukla May 28, 2012

Hi David,

I think it is possible. Go to attach file, select a file to attach and you will see that the file got added (Green checkbox infront of the file). Now, go to the comments section below and mention the comment along with the filename that you added above in this format [^filename.ext] and that should be it. The below image should guide you to do it.

After you click on Attach button, the comment section will look like this.

I agree that this is a workaround but something is better than nothing.

~Pranjal Shukla

That's fantastic - exactly what I am after. It's a pity it's not easy to find out about it.

Thanks

David

0 votes
Marcin Przysowa April 29, 2022

My main problem with new UI of editor in ServiceDesk is that we cannot use old way !image-1.png! to insert image as embedded to comment of case. Other words, no option to import images into post.

This is terrific to do answer in case and not have way to write your story like text + image + text + image... .

Only what we can is write "image-x - description." or insert image as url but GDPR regulation...

Please give enable us to use again embedded images into comments of new UI in ServiceDesk of many companies who use Atlassian ServiceDesk.

IkHUITt

Suggest an answer