Embedding an attachment in a ticket open screen by default

Celal Tangal December 4, 2019

Hi all,

How can i embed an attachment in a ticket by default? I want my customers to be able to download an excel file if they want and attach it in the request before submitting a request. It is an excel file we want them to fill according to their request.

Thanks a lot

Kr

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2019

You don't.

You wouldn't want to either - attaching the same file over and over is a complete waste of resources and your people will quickly learn to ignore it.

Celal Tangal December 8, 2019

I have to find a way to load the attachment since this attachment must be filled by our customers for every ticket. So, do you have any other idea about how i can load the attachment in a ticket?

Celal Tangal December 9, 2019

Hello,

I edited my question above :)

Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2019

This is a horrible way to use a tracker system.  Please don't try to demand people fill in separate forms.

Ask them for the data in the issue, so they don't have to mess around in excel.

Celal Tangal December 9, 2019

Hi Nic,

I agree that it is not the best way to collect data. This is for creating new employee in our systems and sometimes they need to submit 50 requests and need to fill more than 20 fields. Doing this in Jira one by one is not the most feasible solution for us. 

I really appreciate your guidance but we already evaluated these things internally and decided to go on with this method. So if you can help us with this it would be great. Other than that we wont change our method :)

Thanks again for your help

Suggest an answer