Embed the actual jira issue collector form inline on a page - not the tab

M January 15, 2014

I want to embed the form directly into a webpage inline like wufoo or jotform - not the tab that links to it. I.e. I don't want the javascript to create a button that a user clicks to reach the form - I want to embed the form itself. When the user arrives on a webpage - they see the form itself. They don't have to click on a button to get to it.

Anyone know how to do that?

7 answers

1 vote
Christo Papadopoulos May 28, 2021

Put this into your html head and it will trigger the form, I just tested it.

<script type="text/javascript">
setTimeout(function() {

$('#atlwdg-trigger').trigger('click');

},100);
</script>

Only 7 years later :)

1 vote
Rui Marques October 18, 2018

As far I was able to find from my research, showing the JIRA issue collector embedded is not available, so the next good option is to have the form automatically open without user intervention.

I took the liberty to craft a script to do that - click the Jira collector button to open the form. Assuming your jira issue collector button ID is 'atlwdg-trigger', this script should work in every modern browser (IE >= 11).

// Observe DOM changes, to wait until JIRA button is available:
var observer = new MutationObserver(function(mutations) {
mutations.forEach(function(mutation) {
if (!mutation.addedNodes) return;
for (var i = 0; i < mutation.addedNodes.length; i++) {
var node = mutation.addedNodes[i];
if (node && node.id === 'atlwdg-trigger') {
node.click();
// stop watching using:
observer.disconnect();
return;
}
}
});
});

observer.observe(document.body, {
childList
: true,
subtree
: true,
attributes
: false,
characterData
: false
});
0 votes
Tim Sweatt January 8, 2019

As Rui mentioned, I too wasn't able to get the form to appear inline.

I was however able to get it to auto load by using a custom trigger for window load, and then falling back to a button displayed behind the form (so if the user hits cancel they can bring the form back up).

This article was particularly helpful:

Advanced use of the JIRA issue collector

Personally, I modified the default custom trigger code with the part in bold below (and assuming the fallback button has ID 'myCustomTrigger', per the default script):

<script type="text/javascript">
window.ATL_JQ_PAGE_PROPS = {
    "triggerFunction": function(showCollectorDialog) {
        jQuery("#myCustomTrigger").click(function(e) {
            e.preventDefault();
            showCollectorDialog();
        });

jQuery(window).load(function() {
            showCollectorDialog();
        });

}
};
</script>

0 votes
Tom Rehulka October 23, 2016

Hi Mel,

just wondering, have you finally managed to embed the issue collector inline?

Best wishes,

Tom

0 votes
Todd Kovalsky December 8, 2014

Are you able to expose all of your fields in Zapier?  I am having issues with connecting "Components".

0 votes
Jason Turner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2014

I have Zapier working with 6.1.3, "well enough". Nothing fancy just creating tickets when a new row is added to a google spreadsheet.

0 votes
Jason Turner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2014

I have been searching for this for some time myself with no luck. If I don't find something soon I will setup a Google Form and use https://zapier.com/to create the issue in Jira. Creating the form in Google is easy, creating the zaps is a little more difficult since you need to match the form value to the internal value of Jira. Also by doing this you can take advantage of any custom fields not just the ones Issue Collector provides. It will be some house keeping though as you make field/value changes in Jira to make any necessary changes in the Google form and zap.

Janna Jacobson February 4, 2014

Zapier doesn't work w JIRA 6.1 yet.

Suggest an answer