Embed Jira Issue Collector in Confluence Page

carlitos.melgar@izote.net July 7, 2012

Is it possible to embed the issue collector in a Confluence Page?

Thanks,

Carlos

2 answers

2 votes
Dee Scarano July 9, 2012

Hi Carlos,

Yes I've just started using the Issue Collector from inside Confluence with the "JIRA ISsue Collector frame" macro. I've tried to find some doco about it but can't. It's still in beta for JIRA so perhaps that's why there's not much in the way of official doco yet.

I'm using Confluence 4.2 so I think the macro might be bundled inside newer versions of Confluence. What version of Confluence are you using? If it's a recent version try looking through your macro browser for the "JIRA ISsue Collectore frame" macro. It will ask you for the Collector ID which you will find in the snippets of code that JIRA provides when you set up the original Issue Collector.

You might also like to take a look at this answer which talks about embedding the Issue Collector in the Confluence global Custom HTML: I'm using the Jira "Issue Collector" plugin to collect feedback on Confluence pages

Hope that helps :)

carlitos.melgar@izote.net July 9, 2012

Hi Dhyana,

Thanks for your reply. Just read that the Jira Issue Collector will be bundled in 5.1 and I'm happy as I'm hoping it will not be Beta anymore. I like this very much!!!

I'm running 5.0.6 for Jira and 4.2.6 for Confluence. I can't find the "Jira Issue Collector Frame" macro. I couldn't read the link you sent because I'm getting a 404 page.

Thanks for your help.

Carlos

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013

what "JIRA Issue Collector frame" macro? - is it your internal user macro?

Like LCD likes this
1 vote
Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2012

This is how I do it: permanent link

Suggest an answer