Embed JSM on another portal

Janakiraman S June 30, 2021

Hi Team,

We are using JSM and Jira software (DC), however, the default portal from JSM is not meeting our requirements even with the Refined app. Therefore, we are looking for a way to wrap JSM in a different portal. 

Is it even remotely possible? Looking forward to views and suggestions in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,

Janaki.

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

Hi @Janakiraman S ,

While it won't be an easy thing to accomplish, in theory you could use the Jira REST api to get all the data you need and show this on your own developped portal.

You'll have to manage your user access through your own portal and pass that on to the api then but again in theory it should be possible.

It might best to take a look at the documentation.

https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/rest-apis/

If i might be so curious, what exactly is not meeting your requirements?

Janakiraman S June 30, 2021

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans ,

1) We are looking to show more information (stored as Jira custom fields) regarding a ticket to our customers via the Portal. I tried this using Refined, however, for showing the Custom Fields info, Refined expects the users to have a JIRA license. Therefore I tried with My Requests Extension app but it is not compatible in UI with Refined. 

2) As we also deliver products to our customers, we plan to have a Track n Trace possibility on the Portal. 

3) We also wish to pack a Webshop into the portal.

These are some of our requirements from the Portal.

Thank you for your reply,

Janaki.

Suggest an answer