Emails not sending to Assignee within ticket

Shadi September 24, 2013

I have an issue where when i assign a user through the ticket itself by updating the Assignee field, the notification does not send to the Assignee. but if i Assign a ticket through the Agile board the email sends with no problem. Not all projects are experiencing this. i have checked the notification scheme and the Assignee should get an email when they are assigned a ticket. i have tested different notification schemes and they work fine. the problem seems to be with only this one project and one notification scheme. The notification scheme is being used on other projects and we are not experiencing this issue. Anyone has an idea?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2013

The problem is, that in the case of updating the assignee field, an issue updated event is fired - not an issue assigned event.

If your notification scheme does not sends emails for issue updated events there will be no notification to the new assignee.

A solution could be:

• Install the script runner plugin
  • Under Script Listeners create a new "Fires an event when condition is true" Listener
  • Select the Issue Updated event in the upper select list
  • Select all projects which dont send out notifications on the issue updated event
  • Enter the following for conditon
    changeItems.any {
    	it.get('field')=='assignee'
    }
  • Select the Issue Assigned event below

If you select a project where the issue updated event sends an email this will send two emails to the user!

Hope this helps
Thomas

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2013

As mentioned by Thomas, you would need to check the 'Issue Updated' event in the notification scheme. With his explanation, you could use the 'Assign' button in issue view instead of editing an issue to get the 'Issue assign' event fired.

0 votes
Tim Cullings August 11, 2014

Tried this and it is firing the correct event but whenever anyone assigns the issue to a different user it sends a notification that the original reporter of the issue assigned it no matter who actually assigned it. You will first get one email with the correct notification saying that the issue was updated by whoever actually assigned it and then another one saying that the reporter caused the issue assigned event.

0 votes
Shadi September 24, 2013

Thank you. I added the assignee role on the issue update event and now the notifications are firing. Thanks again for you all your help.

Suggest an answer