Emails not being received but seen in JIRA Mail Queue

Jig Bhakta December 9, 2012

I have a new workflow that is using the JIRA default Notification Scheme. I created a new Event (Production Access Request: General) that is supposed to fire on a given Post-Function. However, when selecting that transition, I do not see an email. I then changed the event being fired in the Post-Function to: Generic Event. I saw the email in the JIRA Mail Queue view in the Administration area of JIRA. However, I still do not receive the email. Other workflows using the same Notification Scheme and same Event are again appearing in the JIRA Mail Queue view and being received by me.

Can someone shed some light on where things are going amiss?

Cheers,

Jig.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jig Bhakta December 9, 2012

Problem solved. I was the one testing out the Events and as my profile setting is set to not notify me of my own changes, I was not seeing the emails. After turning on additional logging, the following error is what pointed me in the right direction:

2012-12-10 14:12:30,090 http-8080-42 DEBUG jbhakta 852x1087384x1 llossn XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX /secure/WorkflowUIDispatcher.jspa [atlassian.jira.notification.DefaultNotificationSchemeManager] Removed user Jignesh Bhakta with email address jbhakta@XXX.com from notification because they are they modifier and do not wish to be notified.

Suggest an answer