Emailed service desk request without setting up an account through the portal

Pierce Radtke November 18, 2016

We have customers who we want to receive inbound service desk request through email request but do not want to require them to setup an account through our customer portal.  Can this be achieved?

How would I do this? 

3 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2016

Under the Project>Project Settings>Customer Permissions check the radio button for "Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal". That should do the trick if memory serves.

~j

0 votes
Pierce Radtke November 18, 2016

I want customers to submit a request via email and have the JIRA system automatically create a user account based on that address.  I thought I had that setup but it is not working currently.

Is this a permissions issue? 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2016

you want them to "receive" inbound requests or do you mean you want them to be able to submit requests via email? If you do mean receive, is that meant to keep them notified of all tickets created by their organization or something else? Likely a terminology thing but customers submit requests and agents receive. Customer are also notified that there request was created. There are means to notify customer other than the reporter when an issue is created if that is your goal.

you can set up JSD so that anyone sending a request via the email channel will result in the creation of a user in JIRA based upon the from address. They do not have to login and create a password. They can continue to operate via email only.

Suggest an answer