Email this incoming mail handler not creating issues in jira

Hema TB December 5, 2018

I have created mail handler with "Email This mail handler" and there are messages in the inbox but when I test run the mail handler it's showing "found 0 unprocessed messages in the pop3 folder". Kindly help to resolve this issue. I want to know why it is not creating issue even though there are messages in the inbox. Is there any problem with the type of incoming mail handler I have taken i.e "Email this mail handler". 

Thanks in Advance

4 answers

0 votes
Bernardo Joaquín Diaz May 28, 2020

Hi, Were you able to find a solution to this? I'm having the same issue.

0 votes
Hema TB December 5, 2018

yes, I have configured the mail handler context also.

Kindly find the below screenshots of the configuration of mail handler.

hdfc4.pnghdfc5.png

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2018

Could you also please share the screenshot of the mail server "Liabilities", is that working fine? Have you tested the connection. Since both mail server and mail handler should be configured correctly in order for it to work well.

Hema TB December 6, 2018

Yes, Test connection is successful. Still, issues are not getting generated in Jira. Kindly suggest me how to resolve this issue.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2018

Hello @Hema TB

Do you see anything in the logs, are there any processing errors? does the email have some pictures (in signature) which might be resulting in this error

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2018

Hello @Hema TB

It seems you are using the plugin, while configuring this plugin did you test the connection, was it able to fetch the emails?

Hema TB December 5, 2018

Hi @Tarun Sapra

Yes, I did the test run but its showing 0 Messages are processed in the pop3 folder even though there are messages in the mailbox.

Kindly refer the below screenshot.

hdfc3.PNG

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2018

Have you configured mail hander context?

https://metainf.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PLUG/pages/66093073/Mail+Handlers#MailHandlers-ConfigureMailHandlers

Because the problem is with the setup thus if you can share few screenshots of the configuration

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2018

Also, if the POP email address outside of your jira domain, i.e. can you jira server reach out to the server hosting the mail address

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2018

HI @Hema TB

If you are looking for creating an issue for each incoming mail then you need to used different handler.. like 

Hema TB December 5, 2018

Hi @Yogesh Mude

No, I want "Email this Handler" type only. 

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2018

I'm not getting it...could you please attach the screenshot if possible.

Hema TB December 5, 2018

Kindly check the below screenshot.

The mail handler type is "Email this issue mail handler" and issues are not getting generated in the jira.

Hdfc2.PNG

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2018
Hema TB December 5, 2018

If we installed Email This Issue Plugin then will get Email this issue handler type also.

Jira version is 7.2.3

Suggest an answer