SUBJECT TEMPLATES

What should I do to make it work ?

Thanks !

3 answers

0 votes
DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2013

I recommed to you that the best solution is to edit manually the email templates. You can find these templates in: [INSTALL DIRECTORY OF JIRA]/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/email

EDIT: For example, I edit manually the email template when a user is created in JIRA. This is the code (/email/html/usercreated.vm):

#disable_html_escaping()
#parse("templates/email/html/includes/emailconstants.vm")
#parse("templates/email/html/includes/header.vm")
#set($setpasswordUrl    = "${baseurl}/secure/ResetPassword!default.jspa?os_username=${velocityhelper.urlencode($user.name)}&token=${params.get('password.token')}")
#set($forgotpasswordUrl = "${baseurl}/secure/ForgotLoginDetails.jspa?username=${velocityhelper.urlencode($user.name)}")
<tr valign="top">
    <td id="email-fields" style="padding:50px 32px 32px 32px;width:100%;">
        <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="padding:0;text-align:left;width:100%;" width="100%">
            <tr valign="top">
                <td id="email-gutter" style="width:64px;white-space:nowrap;"></td>
                <td style="color:${textColour};font-family:${textFontFamily};font-size:${textSize};">

<p style="color:${textColour};font-family:${textFontFamily};font-size:${textSize};">Dear,</p>
                    <p style="color:${textColour};font-family:${textFontFamily};font-size:${textSize};">The administrator of XX User Support Tool (JIRA) has created a new user account with the mail address :</p>

#parse("templates/email/html/includes/userdetails3.vm")

<p style="color:${textColour};font-family:${textFontFamily};font-size:${textSize};">You can access by clicking on the button / link below :</p>
                    <div style="padding:8px 0;"><a href="${setpasswordUrl}" id="email-signup-button" role="button" style="display:inline-block;background-color:#568cd3;border:solid 1px #4d7fc3;border-radius:3px;color:#fff;font-size:13px;font-weight:bold;padding:0;text-decoration:none;white-space:nowrap;"><span style="display:inline-block;background-color:#568cd3;border-top: 1px solid #6c9dda;border-radius:3px;padding:7px 15px;text-shadow: 0 -1px 0 #244778;">
                        $i18n.getText('template.user.created.set.password.button')
                    </span></a></div>
#if($product != "ondemand")## TODO JRADEV-12245 - Make OnDemand's emails the same as JIRA's.
                    <p style="color:${textColour};font-family:${textFontFamily};font-size:${textSize};">This button / link can only be used once to log in, and will direct you to a website where you can put your password. This link expires in a day.</p>
#end
                    <p style="color:${textColour};font-family:${textFontFamily};font-size:${textSize};">Once you have set the password, you can log in <a style="color:${textLinkColour};" href='https://XXXX'>JIRA</a> using :</p>

#parse("templates/email/html/includes/userdetails2.vm")

<p style="color:${textColour};font-family:${textFontFamily};font-size:${textSize};">Best regards</p>

</td>
            </tr>
        </table>
    </td>
</tr>
#parse("templates/email/html/includes/footer.vm")

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2013

Hi Michel,

You could also manually modify the template for your JIRA email notifications, using the instructions mentioned in this documentation : Customising Email Content

0 votes
HarryH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2013

Hope this could help you https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.labs.jira.emaileditor.emaileditor-jira-plugin

Or you can manually modify the template under atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\*, please restart jira after you modify the templates.

Suggest an answer