Email sent by JIRA on a mention does not include text "mentioned" if the issue is assigned to me

OmairM September 20, 2012

I did a bit of testing and found that when I get mentioned on an issue, the email that gets sent my way does not have the text "mentioned" if the issue is assigned to me. This is problematic as it means that I cannot reliably filter for JIRA comments mentioning me separately from regular JIRA emails.

Is there some way around this issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KhongMingA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2012

Hi Omair

Perhaps this can help you on this.

Since in JIRA if someone mentioned you, your name will actually appear in the content in the email.
Why not you set the filter in the mailbox from <address> AND messages contains <your name>.

Hope this can help you for now till JIRA implement the new features on this.

Thanks
Cheers
KM

1 vote
Filipe Guerra December 4, 2013

This is basically a dupe of https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/211186/inconsistent-notifications-for-mentions?page=1#240173

@khongming.kok, that won't solve the issue because I have filters like:

from:(jira@sugarcrm.atlassian.net) subject:(-"mentioned you" AND -"SC-" AND -"Sanity")

Meaning that I can't say either subject is like that OR the content has my name on it (at least in GMail).

Please add this feature. Thanks.

Suggest an answer