Email reminders for person in custom field until they act on the ticket

j sheridan September 12, 2017

Is it possible to have a user be emailed reminders if that user is in a custom field and or the issue is in a certain status? 

I have a custom field that will have the supervisor's name in it, that I would like to email, or "bump" if they do not respond to the JIRA ticket within a day or two. I want to gently remind them to act on the issue until they respond. 

Not sure if there is even a hacky way to do this? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brian Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2017

If you want to use an App i would recommend JIRA Automation for this. You can set it to notify people if an issue hasn't been updated for X amount of time. Not sure if the "Lite" version will do this or not but it might be worth investigating.

Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2017

Yep, that addon has a lot of uses.

j sheridan September 16, 2017

Thank you! I was able to get this to fill the requirements of what was needed. 

0 votes
Sebastian Kleinholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2018

If you would like to send only reminders and don't need more functionality, you can figure out

Chronos for Jira

Suggest an answer