Email reminders for person in custom field until they act on the ticket

Is it possible to have a user be emailed reminders if that user is in a custom field and or the issue is in a certain status? 

I have a custom field that will have the supervisor's name in it, that I would like to email, or "bump" if they do not respond to the JIRA ticket within a day or two. I want to gently remind them to act on the issue until they respond. 

Not sure if there is even a hacky way to do this? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote
Brian Jones Community Champion Sep 12, 2017

If you want to use an App i would recommend JIRA Automation for this. You can set it to notify people if an issue hasn't been updated for X amount of time. Not sure if the "Lite" version will do this or not but it might be worth investigating.

Yep, that addon has a lot of uses.

Thank you! I was able to get this to fill the requirements of what was needed. 

If you would like to send only reminders and don't need more functionality, you can figure out

Chronos for Jira

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,293 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot