Email outbound

Micha March 7, 2018

Who can help me? I am looking for a way I can mail any external mailaddress from an issue in Jira Service Desk. I want to do so, just like any other mail handler. So that I am able to fill in the reciepient(s), add CC's and/or BCC's. I am guessing it is best way to do so via an add-on? If so, which one is the best one?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2018

You technically do not need an add-on to do this with Service Desk today.  If you are a JSD Agent, you can visit the customer portal view of this issue, and select the "Share" link on that page.  From here you can enter in any email address and that will send a notification to that email address to inform them that they have been added as a requested participant.

However this adds this email address to the system as a requested participant, which technically is no longer an external account in the eyes of Service Desk.

But if you're heart is set on a plugin to handle this external notifications, or you don't want to add the user as a requested participant, I would suggest something like Jirassimo.  I have not personally used it, but I understand it to have these kinds of notification features that I believe will leave the external account as just that, external.

Suggest an answer