Email only when filter is empty

Steve Eli November 22, 2017

I have a series of filters that are used to keep track of my teams open assignments. I know that I can create a subscription on these filters that emails me with the filter results, but what I sometimes struggle with is that the filter empties out of issues and I don't catch it which basically means that the person is not working on anything. If there a way I can create a filter that looks at a specific reporter and it emails me only when the filter empties?

2 answers

0 votes
Steve Eli November 24, 2017

That didn't cut it. I'm not necessarily looking for issues not assigned to Tyler, just want Jira to tell me when Tyler clears his assignments. Seems like i just need to be more diligent at looking at his assignments filter. Thanks for trying!

Andreia Fernandes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2017

Ok. Have you try a (kanban? board? With the right filter, the issues only appear if they have tyler as assignee.

Yes, I do use a Kanban board. It doesn't seem there is a way to make this work.

Andreia Fernandes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2017

In your board settings, you have the 'Query Filter' and there you can have 'assignee = Tyler and status =! Done' ?

No, that filter won't do it. That would mean that Tyler would have to have something assigned to him in some fashion where I am looking for the inverse but only when he clears his assignments.

0 votes
Andreia Fernandes
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2017

Hello,

Please try: reporter in (@...) and "yourcustomfield" is EMPTY

Steve Eli November 22, 2017

What do you mean by "yourcustomfield"? For example, here is one of my filters syntax:

status in (Open, "In Progress", Reopened, Resolved, "Coding complete", "Testing complete", Waiting, "Release Later") AND assignee in (tyler)

Right now, the filter returns no results because this user has nothing assigned to them. I do not wish to have the filter email me when he does have assignments, only when he does not have assignments. Does that make sense?

Andreia Fernandes
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2017

That option is available in the subscription itself - manage subscription and then see if you have 'Email this filter, even if there are no issues found' active

If you want the issues that are not assigned to tyler you should have "AND assignee not in (tyler)" or yout hole team "AND assignee not in (tyler,meghan,john)" or just "assignee is empty

Suggest an answer