Email notifications when creating issues based on custom fields

Michael Graden June 27, 2014

Is there any way to create email notifications for newly created issue based on Custom Fields? For instance, for the Bug issue type, we have created a custom field of "Severity" with 4 options (Blocker, High, Medium, Low) and I want to send an email to a group of people whenever the a Bug issue has been created with the Blocker Severity.

I know that it can be done with the downloaded version of Jira, but we currently have the OnDemand version, and the plugins that I have read about will not work with the OnDemand version (Script Runner, Notification Assistant, etc.) If there is one for the OnDemand version, that would be great, but I have yet to find it.

Thanks for the help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2014

You could use a filter with group subscription:

created >-15m and Severity =Blocker

Schedule the subscription to send an email every 15 minutes (if the filter has results)

Michael Graden July 2, 2014

Thanks. That seemed to work out.

Dan Petlon October 30, 2015

I'm new to Jira, and want to something similar. I can't find these filters/subcriptions, can you point me in the right direction?

Suggest an answer