Email notifications on "Issue Commented" event but only if comment is not from a specific user?

Cole Gleason February 8, 2013

Hello,

I have a mailbox that takes incoming emails from a mailling list. JIRA pulls from there and makes issues based on the email. It also adds a comment if the email is a reply.

Now, I want my notification scheme to send out emails (to that smae mailing list) if someone comments on the issue. However, I don't want the emails sent if the comment is from an email. So basically, I need the ability to turn off notificaitons if a comment is from a specific user.

I tried to make a custom event and such, but I can't figured out where Issue Commented events are normally fired to add in this event (since it is not a state transition). Maybe the correct way would be to make a custom Listener?

Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2013

You can't handle it without some coding/scripting. Write a listener that captures the event and throw a custom event if it is/it is not from the specific user. You can then write your notifications for the custom event instead of actual events.

Cole Gleason February 8, 2013

Sounds good, thanks!

Suggest an answer