Email notifications dont work

Kasper Elbo July 29, 2012

I have set up a notification scheme that should sent an email to the reporter of an issue if the issue is changed in any way.

When commenting the issue or editing it in another way, I see the email being added to the mail queue and after a while it disappears. The mail however are never received. I have checked the email address of the reporter and it is correct. It is not listed in the error queue.

I am able to send emails manually from the Send Email page and these are received without problems.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2012

That usually implies a mail server problem or, most commonly, a client end problem - check the users email rules and filters - start with the spam folder first.

Kasper Elbo July 29, 2012

I have checked the spamfolders and there are nothing there... I have been able to receive notifications earlier but now it suddenly dont work anymore

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2012

Ok. The full list of things to check starts with "is Jira sending the email", and you've done everything you can there - if test emails are arriving and the reporter address are correct, then the link is valid. Checking the queue was an excellent thing to look at, so it's really clear that the only problem on the Jira end is maybe that you've changed the notification scheme to exclude that user somehow. If you've not done that, then the error is your mail server or client. You've checked the client, so you need to talk to your email server administrators as the error must be there.

Suggest an answer