Email notifications are not working

Madhulika Srivastava December 18, 2017

I added the watchers to one of my projects thinking that any change in that particular project like creating, editing and moving task to another swimlane would trigger an email notification to all the watchers. Email notification to the watchers usually works except the last time. Need help figuring out what might have gone wrong.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2017

Jira is controlling notification based on events and the notification scheme assigned to the project where that issue exists.   Your board could contain issues from different projects with different notification schemes.

I would recommend checking that this user is actually expected to get an email notification for the event you actually completed.  One way to do this is use the Notification helper in Jira.   Entering in the user account, issue key, and specific event type can then be tested to see if Jira is currently configured to send a notification to that user when that happens or not.  If not, then it tends to tell you why and how you can change the config to fix this.

Also, how are your swimlanes configured on that board?   Depending on how you have these organized will determine what kind of change might happen to an issue when it changes swimlanes.

Suggest an answer