Email notification on reassignment not working for specific issue type

Harris Porter May 29, 2014

Email notification on reassignment doesn't seem to work for Change Request only. It does not have a different Notification Scheme, but for some reason when I reassign a CR, the Assignee is not notified. Other issue types (e.g. bug, task) do correctly notify on reassignment. CR is unique in that we have a specific workflow written for it, but as I understand it (perhaps incorrectly), if all issue types share the same Notification Scheme then that shouldn't matter. I should also mention that other Notification triggers (e.g. commenting, issue deleted) DO notify properly. Any ideas would be most appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2014

Hi Harris,

You might have some post-functions that might be overwriting your notification scheme.

Take a look at the post functions in the transitions and steps for that workflow. Each transition fires an event (Generic evet, issue updated, issue assigned)

There might be the following causes for that issue:

1. When issue is assigned, Issue Assigned event is fired, make sure in the notification scheme assignee is in the list for that event.
  2. Check also if the issue updated event has the assignee in the list
  3. Check the workflow transition and steps that has a post function that is firing an event that you do not have the assignee listed in the notification scheme.

Hope that helps.

Harris Porter June 19, 2014

Thanks for your help! It was indeed a change that had to be made to the post-function.

Suggest an answer