Email notification not in correct format ?

Email notification after commenting in issues are not in correct formatt,aligement missing

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2014

There's no question here, just a statement.

You'll need to explain what is broken, and probably more importantly, what you've changed in the email templates in Jira or your email client that breaks it.

Hi Nic,

Email notification :After change in status

XXXX

Change By:

XXXXXX (17/Jun/14 3:16 AM)

<s>In Progress</s> Resolved

Resolution:

Fixed

template.footer.text

Is there any configuration required .

Mail received in MS out look are not in correct formatt

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2014

I don't know what is wrong with that, or what you're expecting? Was it in the "right" format before and has changed?

Hi,

Comments getting wrap in first columns

I am using jira 6.2.6

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2014

Please, you really do need to give more details in your updates. Your screenshot shows nothing wrong at all, you're telling us "comments getting wrap in first columns" which doesn't really explain that there is any problem.

You need to tell us what makes you think it's wrong. Did it change format from ok to broken suddenly? Has it always been "wrong"? Can you open the mail in a different email client to see if it formats ok there? Is the mail HTML or Text?

crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2014

I think he's trying to say that the comment text is showing up where the XXXX is, wrapped indecipherably in the tiny first column instead of being spread out.

But I'm just guessing...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2014

That would be my guess as well, but i've run off down the wrong rabbit hole far too many times in the past! ;-)

Correct Chris

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2014

You know you can answer more than one question at a time?

Did it change format from ok to broken suddenly? Has it always been "wrong"? Can you open the mail in a different email client to see if it formats ok there?

No ,I haven't change anything after post migration from jira 5.2 to 6.2.6.

we observer this issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2014

So, you HAVE changed something - the version of Jira. Anything else? And had you customised the emails on the old version?

And the other two questions?

Hi Nic,

I had pasted the email folder from JIRA 5 to 6

In order to make it comptilble to jira 6 is there any configuration required ?

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2014

Argh. Why?

Right, step back. I need to know exactly what the extent of the damage you've caused is.

What "email folder" did you copy from 5 to 6? What ELSE have you potentially botched in the 6 installation?

Could you explain EVERYTHING you have done in the installation of 6 that is beyond "Run the installer and answer the questions"?

And, please, ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS. It's getting really tiring having you give us one piece of information at a time, and then finding out half of what you are telling us is also completely wrong.

What "email folder" did you copy from 5 to 6? What ELSE have you potentially botched in the 6 installation?

We have customize email notificition mail on jira 5

I had copy email folder from WEF-INF/classes/template/ to jira 6 same location

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2014

ARGH. I really don't understand why I've had to repeately ask you for information to get this far. Please, answer questions in FULL.

Frankly, I'd recommend starting with a clean installation so that you undo any other damage you might have done, and then seriously consider getting someone else to look after it

If it is JUST the emails you have broken here, then I would

1. Install a new clean copy of Jira temporarily, of the same version of 6, on a development machine.
  2. Stop your main Jira
  3. Delete the email folder you copied over
  4. Copy the email folder from the temporary installation over to the production server
  5. Restart Jira

You now have an off-the-shelf, clean, working set of email templates.

Now you can start looking at the changes you made in version 5 templates, work out WHY the changes were made, and then MERGE them into the clean version 6 templates. You *must* read and understand the changes. It's no good just copying random things over the top of new stuff, I'm actually surprised you haven't got more problems.

Hi Team,

Replace email folder with new one .

Thank you,

Thank you !

Suggest an answer