Email headers

Joan New December 18, 2012

We have 5 users in 2 locations using Jira. I (Joan New) am the administrator of the account. When we enter an issue or a comment or change a status, we get Jira generated emails. Usually the name of the person making the change is on the email header like Joan New (JIRA)... One of our users says that all his headers say Joan New even if the body of the email indicates it was someone else who made the comment/change. It wasn't like this yesterday for him. Can you help me fix this?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 1, 2013

I believe this is behavior of your email client. The client will group like emails in the same thread, and these are all actually from the same email address (your OnDemand SMTP mail). This happens in my Gmail as well, you need to open the email to see the last update to know who made this change.

-dave

Graeme January 9, 2013

You are correct. :) Our user solved this by deleting the JIRA contact from her address book in Entourage, relaunched the app, and her emails work now. No idea what caused the problem initially though.

0 votes
Joan New February 17, 2013

No one has really helped us with this problem. Very disappointing.

0 votes
Graeme January 8, 2013

We have a single user that is not seeing the name of ther person identified with the JIRA change, only that it comes from JIRA. In general configuration our email headers are set to ${fullname} (JIRA) for all projects.

We are using OnDemand and only one user is experiencing this, and did not as of a few days ago.

Thanks,

Graeme

0 votes
Joan New January 1, 2013

This is not fixed. It is happening to only one of our users. It did not happen previously.

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2012

Unless this is a bug, Im pretty sure this behaviour will be fixed and doubly so because you're using OnDemand, which prohibits either 3rd party plugins or code changes.

Suggest an answer