Email handler handles the wrong Reporter

Blommetje September 23, 2013

Hi,

I got an email handler in my OnDemand jira but a few things work very weird.

- I have a LOT a people that can email issues but not everyone gets an account (license issue). So I set it to not create account for everyone. But now all issues are placed under the last user that made an issue! So if User 'Hank' creates 1 issue and then the team mails 50 issues, all issues have Reporter 'Hank'. How can this be?

- Can it be set that Jira users will receive an email that the issue has been reported and will be fixed? Since they don't have an account, where to set this?

- Is it possible in the OnDemand version to assign issues to a user based on Project Components?

Thank you very much for any on this!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2013

The email handlers in OnDemand are the ones that Jira provides off-the-shelf. They don't do much parsing of the data. You could set up components leads, but the email won't set a component.

0 votes
Blommetje September 23, 2013

I got the wrong Reporter fixed. This was done via the Mail Handler. I check the wrong box.

The notification email also works now, but it would be great if this e-mail could be modified. The setting were wrong in the Default User Preferences.

The assigning however is still an issue though...

Suggest an answer