Email distribution permissions

graham lantair January 17, 2013

I'm currently running jira 4.2 and trying to setup a project that sends notifications to external users (they have an account with an associated email address but can't login) and also allows them to comment via email. This works fine for single users but the problem I'm facing is with email distribution lists.

I've been given an email distribution list and everyone on it can get notifications because that account is authorised to do so within jira. However when someone on that list responds they can't because they're doing so from a different email. Is there a way I can allow everyone on that distribution list browse and comment permissions without adding a seperate account for each and every one of them?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2013

Hi there,

I am afraid that the feature that you request is not possible at this time, as the member of the distribution list is located at the mail server end rather than at Jira. I don't think that it is possible for Jira to distinguish the members of the distribution email without sharing information from the mail server.

Hope this explains.

Suggest an answer