It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Email customer when ticket is assigned to a technician

Li Xu Jun 04, 2017

Hi,

I am trying to setup Jira service desk to migrate over from ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus and currently it emails the customer when a ticket is assigned to a technician with the technician's name.

I tried to replicate that function in Jira but cannot see such a variable for technician name is this function possible?

Regards,

Li

1 answer

0 votes
Branden McElveen Atlassian Team Jun 05, 2017

Hi Li,

I'm afraid that at this time, it is not possible to create a Customer Notification for the Issue Assigned event. This feature is actually be tracked over at the following feature request: JSDSERVER-1222 : Email notification for Issue Assigned. Do feel free to vote and watch this feature request in the meantime, so that you can be notified as updates come.

We don't have a functional workaround at this time so please vote on JSDSERVER-1222 so our product engineers will add this in the future.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Introducing subtasks for breaking down work in next-gen projects

Teams break work down in order to help simplify complex tasks. This is often done iteratively, with tasks being broken down into smaller tasks and so on until the work is accurately captured in well-...

977 views 12 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you