Email address becomes full name!

John Di Ciurcio November 30, 2017

I am submitting the same question again because the question concerns full name not username.

When inviting a user to JIRA, I have noticed that the full name becomes the user's email address instead of first and last name. This appears to have occurred since the last update to JIRA. I do not get a chance to enter first and last name as the  full name because when I invite someone all it asks for is an email address. Is there a way to change the full name from an email address to just first and last name?  

2 answers

1 vote
Saeid December 27, 2017

Hi,

I have same problem in the cloud version. Please help.

Grtz,

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2017

Hi John,

• Which version of Server are you using?

I tested in 7.6 and sent an invitation to one of my email addresses.  I got the request and filled out the information in the form changing only the username provided to see if that was possibly being changed on the user end causing this.

Once I went back into the user's profile the email address was correct so I was unable to reproduce this issue.  Once the user is created you can go into user management and change their username, email, etc.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer