Email This Issue- Incoming email problem

Muhammad Bilal April 19, 2019

Hi,

I have no problem  for the outgoing emails in the Email this app - jira plugin.

Below is my problem

When i open a new ticket from my gmail ID, xyz@gmail.com. That means i am the reporter.

I assigned the ticket to myself, I use the Email this issue and in the sender ID of the mail i enter the email tyu@gmail.com, and email send successfully to the customer. As i said outgoing SMTP has been configured very well. Now when the customer received the email and if he reply on the same email i dont receive any comments update or notification on the same ticket.  How ever if i am using the reporter xyz@gmail.com, send the email from the app and put the same ID as the reporter xyz@gmail.com, when i send the reply back i get the notification on the same ticket on the jira in the comments.

I am not sure if you guys understand what i am trying to say.

Please feel free to contact me for the answers. 

1 answer

0 votes
Raju April 19, 2019

Hello Bilal,

Have you configured incoming mail handler?? if so kindly re-check notification schemes.

Muhammad Bilal April 22, 2019

Hi Raju,

Yes i have configured successfully the incoming mail handler, as i said when the reporter and sender email is same i am able to get the incoming mail. But when the reporter and sender email is different i am not able to get the incoming mails.

Please suggest me if you know on this status.

Thank you.

Muhammad Bilal April 23, 2019

Hi Raju,

I have just managed to find the solution for this issue incoming mails from the different sender email i am able to receive, but now when the sender reply on the same email issue, it creates the new ticket in the JIRA. For example the previous ticket was MSD-81

Now it will be MSD-82, how we can manage to send the reply on the same ticket when the customer reply on the email.

I am sure i have to do something in the permission scheme but could not find exactly where to change these settings.

Please let me know on this final comment, if you know about the permission scheme how to set it accordingly.

Also, let me know, how do you setup email mail handler if the customer from the unknown email reply back it should come on the comment of the ticket, how do we do this?

Suggest an answer