Email Subject for when Issue is Assigned to you

I added 'EventType' to the email subject line, but it's still hard to be able to tell when an issue is being assigned to you. 'Updated' shows when any field is changed'. 'Assigned' shows when anything is assigned to it. Sometimes the Assignee will be changed and the email subject shows as 'Updated' (not sure why).

Is there a way to create a custom email or email subject that alerts a person when a ticket is assigned to them, and the subject shows that?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

The emails are generated by association with events. Events are mostly fired by changes to issues. "Issue assigned" is one event, and "Issue updated" another.

You are getting "Assigned" emails when "Issue Assigned" is being fired, and "Updated" when "Issue updated" is fired.

I suspect the problem here is the rather annoying and common problem that Jira is very happy to fire "issue updated" on any change, but does not fire "issue assigned" unless that is the ONLY edit being made. You have to use the "assign issue" to get "issue assigned", you can't just change the assignee on an edit screen.

The (inconvenient) fix is to remove "assignee" from all the edit screens. Then you will at least get consistent notifications.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

137 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you