Email Settings to reduce the email trigger

mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2014

Recently we upgrdaed JIRA to 5.2.10 successfully.

Facing a issue in email trigger functionalityFor every change I do in a ticket ,an email is getting triggered.

Can I change my setting so that I don't get an e-mail each time a ticket is touched?A ticket might undergo several updates within few minute period of time. but I would like only receive one e-mail for every 15 mins.

Can any one please help ?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2014

Editing an issue fires an "issue updated" event, so you could turn off notifications for that event

You'd want to check your workflows to see if they use that event at all (probably change it to another event) and educate your users to tell them no "issue updated" messages will go out any more.

mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2014

ok.In this case we will be completely stopping the email notification for "issue updated" event.

Whereas the requirement is to receive the email based on time frequency.Ex Once in 15 mins if there is any activity in that ticket.Is that possible?

Thanks

mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2014

It looks like When we create an issue ,automatically becoming as Watcher. Watchers wll be notified for every activity in an issue. Is it spossible to turn off becoming a watcher automatically?

Please let me know your suggestion

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2014
Turn off autowatch in your user profile.
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2014

Sorry, I missed the notification question earlier. No, there's no "once in 15 minute" functions available.

Atlassian are looking at something to help with the stream of notifications (mostly because "in line edit" has the unplanned effect of adding vast numbers to that stream), and I believe "delay and accumulate" is one option on their list. But there's nothing there for it yet.

Suggest an answer