Email Notifty about Comments or Changes

Alex M July 15, 2012

Hi how can i configure JIRA to send email notofication to Watchers of the issue whem commnet is posted or ticket status is changed? I was playing with settings and i think it should send emials but it does not. Email itself is working as when i create new user it sends invintations. Any ideas? Tnx!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2012

Look at the notification scheme. Make sure "watchers" are in the events you want them to get emails for.

One quick point - if you are testing this with your own account as a watcher, check that you have "email me on my changes" enabled, or it won't mail you with your tests. (Ideally, use two accounts if you can)

Alex M July 15, 2012

tnx for reply! would you please point me out how i edit scheme and how i can add "emai, me on notifications" thanks a lot!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2012

Admin -> Notification scheme. Or, go to the project and use the admin function there to get to the right scheme

Email me on my notifications is a setting in your profile.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2012

Yes, "all watchers" on the "comment" would do it (Assuming you are a watcher). The way you've added reporter will mail you too, assuming you reported the issue (don't worry about duplicate mail, it will only notify you once)

Check your preferences under your profile.

Alex M July 15, 2012

ok i found notification schemes, i have defaitl notification and i have :Assignee, Reporter, All watches added next to each line. Doe that mean i have to get notification if i reported the bug and some one let say comented on it?

Also i can not fond Email me option in profile? I have JIRA 4.xx

Alex M July 15, 2012

ok so if it does not work what could be a problem?

as to email me under my profile i only have my email address listed and my email type == text

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2012

All sorts of things could be wrong, I'm just trying to rule things out.

I'd try the Admin -> Mail server -> Test email, just to make sure standard emails go out (I doubt it's a problem here, as your signup emails are ok).

Your preferences could be breaking it, but I'm surprised that you only have two options - you should have the email on your changes, language and default sharing listed as well. This is only a problem if you are testing with your account only - it's not to worry about if you have two jira accounts you can test with.

Alex M July 15, 2012

ok test mail going through well

also in profile thare is line sang Notify about my changes (see image) still when ever some one comments the bug i dont get any notifications

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2012

So the "notify me on my changes" is there in preferences and set to always email, so you should be seeing them. Could you re-check the notification scheme the project is using? (Common mistake for new admins, and those of us with a lot of projects and schemes, is to set up a new scheme, and then forget to associate it with the project) And read your log file to see if there are any errors in there?

Alex M July 15, 2012

you are right!

notification schemes were not assigned to the projects.
Is there any way to assigne notificationm at once to all existing projects?

tnx!

Suggest an answer