Email Notification for All JIRA Releases

Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2012

I'm currently signed up to be notified for Product Announcements (Stated as Updates, upgrades and changes to the products and services you're using. (Sent ad-hoc based on the products you own).

However I have not been receiving notifications for the minor releases of JIRA e.g. v5.0.4, v5.0.5, v5.0.6.

How can I setup my account to be notified when these releases are issued?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2012

Hi Steve,

Roy posts all JIRA minor and RC releases to the JIRA Knowledge Base main page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+Knowledge+Base+Home

Watch that page or subscribe to the RSS filter included to be notified of releases!

-Simon

Dalectric
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2012

Perfect, thank you

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2014

This doesn't work, you will be spammed by too many space changes. I am looking for a way to subscribe to notifications regarding any *releases* not every typo-fixes made by others.

1 vote
david.s.mittman December 8, 2017

So, JIRA Software 7.6.1 was released on 6 December 2017, and the only way I know to find out about it is to periodically look at the version available for download here:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/download

The accepted answer from Simon Simon on Jun 14, 2012 no longer seems to be correct. I'd like to get notifications (by email, preferably) of every JIRA Software release. How is that done today?

Suggest an answer