Email Notification - Single User

Karthik Mohan January 3, 2018

I would like a send a mail notifiaction after an approval to a particular user. The workflow is designed as follows : End user submits the request, Manager approves the Request, end user and also a front desk employee are notified about the approval. The current notification scheme sends the approval notification to the requestor but the front desk employee. I have the defined the single user field in the notification scheme and also made sure during the transition the correct event is fired rather than Generic event. 

Is there any special permission to receive the mail notifications

post function.PNGCapture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2018

Hi Karthik

In your notification Scheme I don't see the "Approved" Status, you have to add it to the events and add who should get notified when it is approved.

Karthik Mohan January 3, 2018

Hi @Fadoua

I am not understanding your point can you please explain.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2018

The events you have on the screenshot are related to the statuses on your workflow and the issue itself (like comments)

You will have to add to the event Issue Approved and then add who should get notified when issue is approved.

Does it make sense?

Karthik Mohan January 4, 2018

Hi @Fadoua I tried what you suggested , But i didnt work out. 

Untitled.png

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2018

Then delete the notification you added and add instead add a post function that will trigger an email to be sent when the issue is approved.

I will think it will be the best way and it will work in this case.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2018

Hello,

I tried both adding the notification or post function and they worked.

Going back to adding notification. Follow the steps I mentioned earlier:

You will have to add to the event Issue Approved and then add who should get notified when issue is approved.

Then go to the transition on your workflow between the screen you added earlier. Step 5 put Fire Issue Approved and then add who should get notified. It will work.

Karthik Mohan January 8, 2018

Hi @Fadoua I tried what you said, but still its not working.

I have one more clarification to be made, The person who is receiving the notification is an another customer. Is is possible to send a notification to another customer who is not a reporter of the issue ?Capture.PNG

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2018

You mean they are 2 people or more who need to get the notification? If yes why don't you add them as watchers?

Suggest an answer