Email Not Sent Using OnDemand

Matthew Higgins August 6, 2012

I have attempted to send mail through the test email screen Issues -> Mail -> Send Email but this is not working. The system says it has sent the message to the following users and listed the users in the selected group but no mail is received by the users. I have also enabled notifications for the only project I have setup in Jira and mail is not being sent as a mater of course through the creation of issues etc. I have migrated this project from an installed instance to on demand. The installed version worked fine. In the installed version I could tail the log and see if any mail execptions occured by setting a -D param on the java process but you obviously can't do that OnDemand but do I have any other options ?

-Matt

1 answer

0 votes
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2012

I was unable to duplicate the issue on your instance (the test email came right through...it shows sent by jira@yourURL). Best to enter a support request so we can work on this in greater detail /aka non-publicly.

Suggest an answer