Email Issues

t May 11, 2015

When sending an email FROM jira, it sends from the stmp set up however when the person who received that email clicks reply, it replys to the individual who sent the email through jira's email address rather than the specified JIRA email address it came from.

How can i change this without having to change all of the users in JIRA to the JIRA email address?

1 answer

0 votes
randyz May 12, 2015

Hi Thomas,

JIRA out of the box sends emails from the outgoing mail server.

A user will get notifications as "FistName LastName  (JIRA) <jira-server-email@yourcompany.com>" 

The actually reply to address IS the mail server.  If your server configuration is not out of the box, contact your JIRA administrator to see how it is configured.

t May 12, 2015

I am the administrator.. that is what i am saying.. it will send as "FistName LastName (JIRA) <jira-server-email@yourcompany.com>" however if the person who receives that email clicks reply it does not reply to jira-server-email@yourcompany.com it replies to the individuals email linked to their account. e.g Firstname_lastname@yourcompany.com

t May 12, 2015

where as i need it to reply back to the server, so that the issue will be updated automatically

Suggest an answer