Email Issue in jira

Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

I got html like email format from jira:

MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Precedence: bulk
Auto-Submitted: auto-generated
X-JIRA-FingerPrint: 3f8b524f7bd75c07b734246b25e13802

This happens only for some issues

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

Sorry!

I haven't customised my email templates.

Ok! I found that it occurs only when creating summary with newline in greenhopper plugin.

0 votes
Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2013

Enter some text in summary field and press enter key and again enter remaining text in summary field.

Are you getting me. If not let me know?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2013

Have you customised your email templates?

If you have not, then it's probably something in your email client.

Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2013

Only sometimes but not always!!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2013

When posting, you need to answer questions asked of you, otherwise we cannot help you. Repeating parts of what you have already said is NOT answering questions. So, again, Have you customised your email templates?

You need to do some debugging. Establish a pattern for it. Look at your email client. Look at the differences between the correct and incorrectly formatted emails.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 6, 2013

Interesting. What do you mean "summary with newline"?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 6, 2013

Hmm. I didn't think the summary allowed new lines in it.

Sounds like a bug to me (whether it's allowing the new-line, or the mail generation routine not handling new-lines properly, I'm not sure)

I'd raise this with Atlassian, in the Greenhopper project probably.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2013

So what's the question?

Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2013

How to avoid that?

Suggest an answer