Editing / updating components via SQL

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2013

Hey,

we have a large list of components. Now I have to add about 200 new components. Are there any dependencies that I have to be aware of?

My plan would be do do a manual insert of the new components adding a consecutive ID. Would be during a downtime to prevent other users to add components during that time.

Any help is being appreciated

Cheers

Christian

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2013

Hi Christian,

Another popular option for automating these kind of tasks is to use Bob Swift's Command Line Interface plugin, and in your case you could use either the addComponent or updateComponent options as described in this docment: https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCLI/Examples

All the best,
John

2 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2013

Hi Christain,

I would be using jelly with AddComponent. Then you would not need to think about downtime and dependencies.

Cheers,

Udo

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2013

Thanks, but we're dealing with about 800 components. It's sag though, that you can't archive components like versions... I've voted on that issue too :-)

0 votes
David Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2013

Just wanted to add that having a large (massively large) number of components has been found to result in some performance degration: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31883

Suggest an answer