Editing own comment does not show original vs. new values

Anthony Pomtree June 4, 2013

When editing your own comments on an issue it does not display the original value of the comments (on the All activity tab), but if you edit another user's comments, then it does display the old/new values.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AmandaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2013

Hi Anthony,

There is a known Improvement ticket regarding to show the change history of the edited comments:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-12400

You can vote on it for the implements.

1 vote
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2013

As far as I know comment history is not being show in the activity tab at all. I notifications are enabled you see the changes made to a comment but not in JIRA...

0 votes
Anthony Pomtree June 4, 2013

After reviewing the issue further, it appears changes to other issue fields (summary, description, status, etc.) show the original vs. new values, whereas editing a comment does not.

With that said, it would be nice if the comments did show what was changed, instead of just saying "edited".

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2013

Hey there, Anthony.

What do you mean by the original value of the comment? As far as I have checked, the original value is not shown on the All tab and whenever the comment is edited, it will show the edited mark next to the time the comment was made. Do you happen to use any third-party plugins for this? Perhaps if possible you can show a screenshot to this?

Warm regards,

Danial

Suggest an answer