Editing cv-breadcrumb.soy in JSD 3.3 does not have an effect on the portal

Urs Friedli January 16, 2017

We do not want our service desk customers to use the breadcrumb links on top of the SD portal. Therefore, in the past, we removed them by editing cv-breadcrumb.soy (apart from that, we edit two other .soy files too).
cv-breadcrumb.soy so far (e.g. in JSD version 3.1) was located in JIRAHOME\plugins\installed-plugins\jira-servicedesk-3.1.0.jar under \servicedesk\customer\feature\breadcrumb\cv-breadcrumb.soy.

However, now that we updated to JSD 3.3, there are a couple of differences:

• the .jar file is now apparently named jira-servicedesk-3.3.0-REL-0012.jar
  • inside the .jar file, \servicedesk\customer\feature\breadcrumb\ only contains cv-breadcrumb.less
  • instead, a cv-breadcrumb.soy can now be found directly under \soy
    However, when I edit soy\cv-breadcrumb.soy, re-zip the .jar file and copy this to the home directory, it does not have any effect on the customer portal. The breadcrumb links still appear.

With JSD version 3.3, what do I need to do to accomplish what I previously accomplished in version 3.1 by editing \plugins\installed-plugins\jira-servicedesk-3.1.0.jar > \servicedesk\customer\feature\breadcrumb\cv-breadcrumb.soy?
Are the .jar and the .soy files i mentioned the correct files to do so? Or do I need to edit something completely different?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Urs Friedli February 27, 2017

Thanks to a comment in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-330, I was able to make the adjustements with version 3.3.0. Instead of the .soy-files mentioned, the file I actually had to edit is customerportal.bundle.js inside jira-servicedesk-3.3.0-REL-0012.jar.

See the comment in JSD-330 for details.

If this happens to be of interest to anyone, as is mentioned in the comment, the old way of editing the Portal is also described in the KB article How to set "keep me logged in" checkbox to disabled by default?.

0 votes
Urs Friedli January 19, 2017

More information about our case:

Deleting the following temp files before starting JIRA did not solve the issue. The breadcrumbs are still there.

• HOME directory \plugins\.osgi-plugins
  • Installation directory \temp

Suggest an answer