Editing an issue changes the resolution to default value.

Elif Alverson July 10, 2017

Hello,

Seems like this isse https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/Editing-an-issue-changes-it-to-quot-Fixed-quot-How-do-I-stop/qaq-p/264628 still exits in v7.2.3. 

I have done everything recimmended by Nic Brough [Adaptavist]. Removed  the " resolution" field from all the screens, added clear the resolution post functions to all the states other than closed in the workflow and the looped transitions.

So when the issue is closed resolution is automatically sets to fixed. I have started to receive requests from Jira users that they wnat to change the resolution status other than fixed however they cannot since " resolution" is not part of edit screen anymore. 

Now what? How can i give them this ability without putting resolution back to the edit screen? is there another way?

Thanks so much!

Elif

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2017

Two easy options:

1.  Remove the post-function that is setting the resolution to "fixed", and add in a transition screen with just the resolution on it.  JIRA will pop a box to let them select one

2.  If you're ok with a default to "fixed" (or some other value you could change it to) being done by the post-function, but want to edit it later, there's a similar solution as 1.  Add a transition from closed to closed, with a screen with the resolution on it.

Thank you.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2017

You can also use the workflow properties of jira.field.resolution.include to present them just the resolutions relevent to that issue type or transition. For instance, I usually give an option to kill an issue early and present just 'Deleted', 'Withdrawn by User', or 'Canceled' in that tranisition. Check out the properties at https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/workflow-properties-802592825.html 

Joe, 

I am getting " 404 Not Found " error from the page yopu provided above. Can you see that page?

Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2017

Lithium (this forum software) adds some dodgy characters to the end of urls sometimes - follow the link again and remove everything from the url after the ".html" - it will usually have .html%A0something

I've explained instead of edited because you might run into at again on other questions!

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2017

You can go to your JIRA documentation and look for workflow properties. 

Suggest an answer