Editing Workflow Always shows as a draft that can't be edited

Kayla Crowder May 8, 2014

I'm trying to edit a workflow to add a post function that assigns the reporter as the assignee after the issue is created.

I click edit on the workflow, and it AUTOMATICALLY says i'm editing a draft, which needs to be published. Then I click Add Transition, or Add Status, and it tells me I can't do anything, because it's a draft. I publish the draft, same thing. I discard the draft, same thing. Always goes immediately back to an ineditable draft status.

If someone could tell me how to fix this, WITHOUT creating a copy and replacing all my workflows again, that'd be great.

Also, where is the documentation for creating a post function?

4 answers

0 votes
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

Hi Kayla,

Had the same problem. Only worked iut when I set the workflow to inactive.

Then assigned it to a Project again.

Let me know if this worked! (Yes, I know it's almost a year old wink)

0 votes
ERP BIS December 9, 2014

Kayla, did you solved that. I´m facing the same problem. Discarded the unpublished draft several times, but i just can´t create other status or transitions sad. If you solved let me know how.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2014

Hello Kayla,

just to be sure, you can't edit the default workflow. Btw this is the official JIRA on-Demand documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Configuring+Workflow

Hope this helps,

Fabio

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2014

Hi Kayla,

did you try to discard the unpublished draft first?

Regards,

Fabio

Kayla Crowder May 9, 2014

"I publish the draft, same thing. I discard the draft, same thing."

Suggest an answer