Editable Attachments

Paul Goodsell April 22, 2013

Wondering if there is anyway to integrate JIRA with an enterprise document management system to ensure attachments are always the latest version?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2013

Hi Paul

You could just use the external link field to link your issues with the corrsponding documents or pages in your enterprise document management system. Just an idea.

Best regards

Peter

Thanks Peter. That's what I have written into my design so far. Just wondering whether there was a neater way of doing it.

Reason being, attachments in my organisation are likely to be superseded quite quickly. It's important that the attachments remain live documents.

0 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2013

Hi Paul,
I do not know what setup exactly you are trying to create for yourself, I can say that you can not edit attachments, nor have I found any plugins available which would let you do this. Though you are speaking about a document management system, maybe Confluence would fit your needs? Please have a look at its capabilities and the level of integration that is possible between Confluence and JIRA

Thanks for your response, Mick. We're not in a positon to consider alternative doc management systems due to the nature of the org. Peter's work around (below) may be the solution.

Suggest an answer