Editable Attachments

Wondering if there is anyway to integrate JIRA with an enterprise document management system to ensure attachments are always the latest version?

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Hi Paul

You could just use the external link field to link your issues with the corrsponding documents or pages in your enterprise document management system. Just an idea.

Best regards

Peter

Thanks Peter. That's what I have written into my design so far. Just wondering whether there was a neater way of doing it.

Reason being, attachments in my organisation are likely to be superseded quite quickly. It's important that the attachments remain live documents.

0 votes

Hi Paul,
I do not know what setup exactly you are trying to create for yourself, I can say that you can not edit attachments, nor have I found any plugins available which would let you do this. Though you are speaking about a document management system, maybe Confluence would fit your needs? Please have a look at its capabilities and the level of integration that is possible between Confluence and JIRA

Thanks for your response, Mick. We're not in a positon to consider alternative doc management systems due to the nature of the org. Peter's work around (below) may be the solution.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

21,826 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you