Edit transition on Workflows in v6.1.5

Katherine B January 6, 2014

Is there a way to edit a transition - move a transition from one status to another. The new workflows can easily add new Transition but not able to reaggange them with out creating new transition and deleting old.

Ability to edit transitions between statuses cleanly with our drag-and-drop design would be a huge time saver - is this possible or not yet?

4 answers

0 votes
Katherine B January 7, 2014

Thank you - this helps. I missed it since I was trying to change the origination step and not the destination step. Thanks

0 votes
Katherine B January 7, 2014

Thanks Chris & Mick. I am still not able to edit so that I can move transitions around. I can edit/add/delete transitions but if I add a new step (for example Step C) and I have step A & B. Now to add C inbetween A & B I have to create all new trasnitons for C to B and A to C then delete the transition from A to B. I can't find a way to move the transition for A to B - to be the new transition for A to C.

A - B

new step C

End result A - C - B (cant reassign the transition A - B to A - C)

Hope this explains it better.

ChrisA January 7, 2014

I've put together an image showing how to change the destination of a transition in text mode (full size). Hopefully I've understood correctly, let me know if this helps.

0 votes
ChrisA January 7, 2014

Hi Katherine, unfortunately it's not possible to move a transition from one status to another in JIRA 6.1.5's visual workflow editor. It can be done in the text-based editor however, which is what Mick explains below.

We've added this functionality in JIRA 6.2 which will be released in the coming months.

0 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2014

In order to edit a transition, you will first have to navigate to the workflow which contains the transition you want to edit.
Once in the view workflow screen, choose the "Text" tab to change from diagram mode to text mode.
Towards the right above the workflow text table, you will find an "Edit" button, which brings you to the edit mode.
Once you are in edit mode, you can click any of the transitions in the table.
On the next screen you will be presented with the Conditions, Validators and Post-function tabs, under which you can add new options, remove existing, or edit existing.

Please also look here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow

Suggest an answer