Edit the values of a default "Priority" field and/or reuse the same field name for a custom field

Build Monkey June 4, 2012

I would like to edit the options in the "Priority" list for just a given project, while the rest of the Projects continue to use the default list values. If this cannot be done, is it possible to create a custom field with the same label "Priority".

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2012

Jira doesn't support it natively and really needs to before it can be seen as an "Enterprise" application. See the very old and very popular https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3821 for loads of workarounds. Frankly though Mizan's suggestion above is the best one I know of.

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2012

The priority field is a Jira field and appears almost everywhere where there is a issue viewed , for example issue navigator , Gadgets , reports , emails etc .So replacing it with a customfield is not a good option .

A work around that may be possible is to add priorities to the priority field which you want for your given project and based on the project display only those priorities on the issue create ,edit, transition screens for that project using Javascript or Behaviours plugin.

Build Monkey June 5, 2012

Thanks!

Do you have documentation on where I would add the JavaScript to filter out the unwanted options?

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2012

If you want to add a javascript then adding by a web resource plugin will be a good option.

You can even consider Behaviours plugin it

The script should work on create , edit , transition screen .

Let me know if you need any further help

Suggest an answer