Edit screen in jira taking lot of time to load(Page freezes/Page becomes unresponsive )

vinay kumar February 25, 2014

Hi There,

When we try to edit the issues in jira it is taking lot of time to load edit screen, Page freezes/Page becomes unresponsive sometimes.

I have navigated to this location configurations > System > System info

here are the memory details for Java VM Memory Statistics

Total Memory 721 MB
Free Memory 366 MB
Used Memory 355 MB
Total PermGen Memory 384 MB
Free PermGen Memory 194 MB
Used PermGen Memory 189 MB
Memory Graph
51% Free (Total: 721 MB) (Force garbage collection)
PermGen Memory Graph
51% Free (Total: 384 MB)
Non-Heap Memory Graph (includes PermGen)
48% Free (Total: 432 MB)

with this configurations also edit screen is taking a lot of time and unresponsive sometimes

Is this happening due to jira performance issue sometimes?

can anybody have suggestions on resolving this issue.

Thanks in Advance,Vinay

a

1 answer

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2014

Hi Vinay,

Looking at the resource consumption in your instance, it doesn't appear that you have a problem with the resoucres allocated to JIRA so this is more likely a problem in the environment rather than with the application. So, please ensure that the underlying server has enough resources to allocate to JIRA and the other applications on the server, and if needs be consider increasing memory resources. Other things that it are vital for the performance of Java applications are:

• Never allow the application to use swap memory
  • If you're running the application in a VM ensure that ballooning is disabled and that the instance cannot be allocated swap memory from the host server.

However, it is almost impossible for us to diagnose these kinds of issues through this site so if the problem persists please open a ticket with Support and mention this Answer so my colleagues are aware of my suspicions regarding the cause of this issue: https://support.atlassian.com/

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer