Edit "Create New User" window

Marta Baranowska July 18, 2017

Hi, 

At the point of creating a new user, I would like to add ID as a mandatory field.

Is it possible to add an extra field to the tab below and make it mandatory? Do you know any add-on that would allow me to do this?

create new user.JPG

Many thanks, 

Marta

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2017

This would require coding. 

At a minimum, it would need you to hack the user screen to provide a method to add the internal "user properties" (which are only visible to admins and code)

To do it properly with real fields, you'd need to code a back-end to store the data as well, and expose it when you need it.

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2017
Marta, I think this is not possible.

I try to find a solution but I think you can't add fields here
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2017

I needed this in a project to store additional user information.

finally I use user properties to store the additional fields 

Marta Baranowska July 28, 2017

Hi Gaston, 

Thanks for your response. 

In regards to user properties, I considered this solution but it seems like they need to be replicated manually across all the profiles, as they don't appear automatically. 

How did you deal with this? Is there an option for a batch import? I'm also concerned about the Key naming inconsistency, since it will need to be entered manually every time new user is created. 

I will then need to create a command to only report on Key = ID but they Keys may end up being entered as all sorts of differente ID names (EmployeeID, HRsystemID, Empl. ID .....).

Any  tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer