Edit priority from view issue page

Christina Tattory August 6, 2014

I'm unable to edit the priority of a task from the view issue page. Normally it has the pencil icon to modify. Anyone know what permission that is?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2014

You also need to ensure that the priority field is on the "edit" screen. If it's not, you can't use "quick edit" to change it.

Where can I get to that?

Nevermind, I found it. Thanks!

Well, it's weird. I can edit the fix version, etc within that issue except the priority and I'm the site-admin. Not sure what's going on. If I even click 'Edit' I can't edit the priority from there either.

Divya Yathagiri Venkata April 16, 2018

Hi Nic,

I see the priority field on the edit screen but still the quick edit works only intermittently.

It works from low to high/medium but not from medium to low. Any idea on what might be causing this issue?

1 vote
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2014

Usually just passing the mouse pointer by the field you want to edit, the pencil icon will apppear. Seems that you don't have permission edit to the issue in question. In order to find that out, you can run the permission helper, please refer the url below.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+Admin+Helper#JIRAAdminHelper-PermissionHelper

Well, it's weird. I can edit the fix version, etc within that issue except the priority and I'm the site-admin. Not sure what's going on. If I even click 'Edit' I can't edit the priority from there either.

Suggest an answer