Edit permissions not working properly

Davina Tsosie March 9, 2017

Greetings,

I limited the Edit issues permission to Admin, Add-on access, and Reporter. However, it's not working properly. Here is my example: User A whom is also the reporter of Issue 1

User B (not the reporter of issue 1) is able to edit issue 1

The Project roles show only groups of Developer and Analyst which User B is not a part of. What am I missing here?

Thanks for your help.

image2017-3-9 9:55:0.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2017

I think you'll find B is definitely in jira-adminstrators, named in that addons-role, or in one of the groups in that role.

1 vote
Davina Tsosie March 9, 2017

I found the problem.

B was added to a group part of a condition: Only users in group XXXX can execute this transition.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2017

Ah, conditions are not related to "edit", so that makes more sense.  Sorry, my familiarity makes me forget that people might think a transition is an "edit" (it's not, in JIRA-speak)

Suggest an answer