Edit permission on issue type is missing

It looks like the Edit permission on issue type button has been removed or moved. Anytime I create a filter, it sets it to private and I have not options to make it visible to a certain group or logged in users like I could in old Jira. I removed the new jira and went to the old one and it is missing there too. Anyone have any ideas where it could be?

2 answers

0 votes

>t looks like the Edit permission on issue type button has been removed or moved.

I am sorry, but that sentence throws a load of Jira-related words at us which do not make any sense when we try to join them up.

In Jira-speak:

• An edit permission means "I can edit the issue"
  • "issue type button" does not make sense, there are no buttons for issue types
  • I can't work out what might have been "moved or removed"

On the filter side, it sounds like you do not have permission to "create shared objects".  Get one of the Jira or System admins to check that.

Learned yesterday that this is a bug from their support team.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-68060

Thanks for reaching out and my bad on all the terms.

Also submitted a feature request to just be able to set this to "logged in users" instead of "private" If you want to watch or vote.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-68141

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,873 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot